This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.


Clubs, glossaries, museums, shops and much more......

glue-it.com

...all of your model making needs from one site.







Warlord Titan - Part 3

By: Nigel & Patrick Taylor

The next stage is the upper body. We started with a simple box that formed the torso and area behind the head.

Onto this box we glued a roughly hexagonal piece of armour with grooves cut into it.

A 6mm thick piece of mdf forms the shoulders and under this we glued much thicker pieces of mdf to which the upper arms are pivoted.


There is a lot of cutting and fitting of pieces as we went - not too much of a plan as we really measured, sketched, bandsawed the pieces out of 3mm thick mdf and glued in place using PVA wood glue.


At this point the arms were free to move as this made it easier to work with and get the pose correct before fixing.


The shoulder armour plating is in place.

In the background you can make out the upper plate with the area jutting out above the head.


A cylinder made with mdf end plates and then wrapped in thin plywood.

The purple masking tape is holding it all in place while the PVA glue dries.


The head is glued in place, the surrounding armour added and face pieces added.

I just could not find anything spherical from which to form the upper head and ended up cutting out an eggbox.


A simple box fits below the head again with grooves cut into the mdf with a chisel to form the plates.


The upper body in place on the legs. Now it stands roughly 22 inches tall.

Only the upper arms exist at this point, time to think about how we are going to attach the guns.


The upper guns were added. For these we used a piece of 1 inch dowel cut down the length to form two semi-circular pieces.

The gun barrels were made from 8mm diameter aluminium tubing.

The lower arms have now been added and are jointed to allow some movement - we will fix these once we know what the guns look like and the angle they should be held at.


Small blocks of mdf were used to add detail to the panels.


The arm joints were fixed using superglue.


Panels added to the back of the body.


The exhaust stack was a piece of 8mm aluminium tube with some aluminium mexh over the top as a protective layer.


The upper body is nearly there...


Back to Part 1 and Part 2 on to Part 4.

If you have any similar models then we would like to hear about them, ed.