1/6th Scale Kinner Radial
- by: Mick Cherry
- This engine is in 1/6th scale,there is one in 1/4 but my lathe is to small for that size. This engine is by Mr David Johnson and he did the design while he was an engineering student.
- You must excuse the cylinders being held in by sticky tape, it was just a way of holding it together for the picture.
- These are views which show the general set up. I thought I would include a picture of the crankcase.This was a nice thing to make, plenty of different set-ups and a few fixtures to make with the rotary table earning it's keep.
- You will see in the pictures of the assembled crankcase that it has a dull finish. The reason for this is quite simple. I would not have thought that in the 1920s these engines would have been highly polished,so all I am trying to achieve is the appearance of a casting.
- We will try to keep you up to date on this engine as it progresses.
Other models by Mick Cherry: Hit and Miss, Kinner Radial, Loyal Cycle Engine, Open Crank Farm Engine, Vacuum Engine.
See also: Gallery Index.