The idea was to make a single cylinder 4-stroke and to make it simple with a poppet valve. Not sure my terminology is correct here, what I mean is an actuated exhaust valve and an intake valve that opens under depression in the cylinder.
- Crankcase – this has been a joy to machine.
- Cylinder – machining the cooling fins is not so easy.
- Head – I started with an aluminium head and after lots of machining swapped to steel.
- Liner – a mild steel liner
- Flywheel – simple mild steel flywheel
- Spark Plug – I bought a 1/4″ x 32 plug.
- Timing Gears – machined by me on the Hobbymat