A light small fretsaw that works very effectively and is easy to use at any level.
- Machined worktable of die-cast aluminium, 160 x 160mm.
- ABS plastic body with side sliding panel for removal of saw dust.
- VDE approved 220/240V motor (85W) for prolonged, low noise performance.
- Quiet, wear-resistant toothed belt drive running in a ball bearing.
- Electronically controllable stroke rate from approx. 150 – 2,500/min.
- Adjustable fence and mitre stop with scale.
My only slight criticism is that it is a touch light and so either needs to be placed on a rubber mat or bolted to something to stop it sliding around.
At first I thought the fence was a tad silly, but it really does work. Although you cannot get as crisp a cut as a circular saw (eg Proxxon KS 230) this would make it a good first all round saw for most people.
I used it to cut out the curved platform for one of my engine projects (Wood & Metal Beam Engine).
Overall this is a well designed and put together machine that would make a great starter saw for a model maker.
I’m not sure how well this would stand up to a more demanding fretsaw use, but the machine is easy to use and it’s not intimidating in anyway to setup and have a play with.