A FREE excel workbook with lots of workshop calculations.
The Workshop Calculator is an excel workbook that contains a number of themed worksheets.
I often create a simple calculation on an excel spreadsheet, this allows me to check the numbers, compare results etc and I find this really useful.
Therefore, I thought it was about time I share this with everybody else: workshop-calculations
Note: click on the link, click open and then once the spreadsheet is open, click Enable Editing
Please do save the sheet to your local hard drive as you can then easily access the pages when you need to.
The calculators should be obvious, let me know of any additions you would like to see.
- Version 0.75 – 21 February 2022 – 2 stage gear calculator
- Version 0.74 – 17 February 2022 – solid wheel, gear ratio and engine rpm calculator for traction engines
- Version 0.73 – 15 December 2021 – change gear calculator
- Version 0.72 – 28 January 2021 – module gear calculator
- Version 0.71 – 16 November 2020 – belt length calculator
- Version 0.7 – 4 May 2019 – temperature, relative humidity and dew point
- Version 0.6 – 28 December 2018 – dividing head calculations
- Version 0.5 – 15 December 2018 – Pressure conversions added
- Version 0.4 – 30 September 2018 – Acoustics
- Version 0.3 – 10 March 2018 – drill sizes, wheel & tyres
- Version 0.1 – 10 March 2018 – first release of the calculations pages
Note: after clicking the button below you will be taken to a page to enter your name and email, once you click the button for the free download you will be taken to a confirmation page – on this page there is a link to the workshop calculations. Click that link to download the excel file.