Autumn is here and it is time to plan for a model to make over winter.
Lots of weekends and cold dark evenings in the workshop. So lets have a look at the different plans, kits and ideas out there.
- Stuart Models – always a favourite and at the moment they have some special offers on. The 10V I made years ago is a great model to have on the mantelpiece.
- Hemingway Kits – internal and external combustion engines along with tools for the workshop
- PM Research – some unusual model engines along with miniature milling machines, lathes and shapers
- Sussex Steam – old engine kits: James Watt engine, Trevithick’s Dredging Engine, Trevithick’s Puffing Devil and a model of Newcomen’s engine – you can indulge in making an engine such as that used in Poldark’s mine….
- John Tom Plans – completely free to download and make
- J.E. Howell – stirling engines, atmospheric engines and gas engines
Have a browse, select something you like and get building. A satisfying way to while away the colder months in the workshop.